Residential Single Family

Water damage category 1 or 2 or 3- requires different types of Remediation- proper protocol is are necessary to protect the property from further damage especially with category 3, the most contaminant category. Drying the property is the most important process required to protect the property from further damage.




When Fire, Smoke and Soot causes damage to the property, Remediation Protocol is necessary to properly restore your property. The results of the water used by the fire fighters to put out the fire causes additional damages to the property including  but not limited to water damage, Mold/Fungi to building materials.





It is a necessity in life. However, when water leaks from one of the sources in your property or water intrudes into your property it can become your worst enemy. These water perils shown above are the most common perils insured against in a Residential property.

Any type of damaged from one or more of the perils shown in the picture above can cause property damage to Residential property such as; a Residential one or two story single family home, a duplex (2 unit building), a triplex (3 unit building) or a fourplex (4 unit building), a condominium unit or more than 5 apartments in a building.

When water damage occurs to your property you must mitigate by following certain guidelines following one of the three water remediation protocols to preserve and protect your property from further damage, but most importantly keeping your property dry further protects your property from contaminants such as Mold/Fungi. We at HomeOwner Claims Public Adjusters specialize on the remediation protocols to protect your property from becoming uninhabitable.

Homeowners insurance helps to pay for the repairs or rebuilding of your home due to sudden and accidental damage. This includes coverage for residential premises, unattached structures, personal property and personal liability.


Homeowners’ coverage extends against the perils below:

fire or lightning windstorm/hurricane/hail damage riot or civil commotion
explosion aircraft Vehicles
smoke appliance leaks pipe leaks
pipe bursts back up and overflows clogged drains
roof leaks uplifted tiles air conditioning leaks
mold and fungi fallen objects catastrophic ground cover collapse
accidental discharge or overflow of water or steam sudden and accidental tearing apart, cracking, burning or bulging sudden and accidental damage from artificially generated electrical current
hidden decay freezing Theft
vandalism or malicious mischief Physical damage to the property And more

We specialize in residential properties insurance claims. We settle more and quicker insurance claims because of our long standing relationships within the industry proven by our track record of performance in dealing with both the insurance companies, who provide the coverage, and the policyholders “our clients” in which we service. This means that you have a dedicated insurance public adjuster who has worked in all 3 capacities of adjuster (link to 3 types of adjusters (IN A NEW WINDOW) since 1979 by your side with the experience, knowledge; we speak insurance language and competency to make sure we settle your claim fairly to restore your property to pre-loss condition or better. Read the Office of Program Policy Analysis & Government Accountability report (link to OPPAGA Report (IN A NEW WINDOW). Their analysis stated that when the policyholders engaged a Public Adjuster the settlement amounts were higher by 547% on daily claims and 747% on hurricane claims). We strongly believe that HomeOwner Claims Public Adjusters has earned their reputation and continues to raise the standards of Commercial and Residential properties insurance claim services.

We strongly believe that HomeOwner Claims Public Adjusters has earned their reputation and continues to raise the standards of commercial and residential properties insurance claim services.



Below coverage’s are typical in most HO-3 residential policies, but not necessarily to the same extent. Most insurance companies write their own policies. Even if your neighbor is insured with the same insurance company the coverages and limits may be different. Each policy must be read to find out what they cover and what they exclude.


Coverage A –     Dwelling; this covers the dwelling, the structure, including structures affixed to it, on the residence premises. Such as kitchen cabinets, lighting fixtures, bathtub, sinks, etc. Residence premises mean the insured location shown on the declarations page.


Coverage B –     Other Structures: This covers private property, non-business structures at your residence detached from the dwelling such as garage, fence, swimming pool, or guesthouse.


Coverage C –     Personal Property (Contents): This covers your personal property such as clothes and furniture. Certain coverage and limits to personal properties such as money, jewelry, furs, guns, etc.,  are reduced and their limits must be increased by purchasing additional insurance (endorsement) that apply to specifically to that content .


These contents can be insured for their respective values by paying additional premium to endorse the additional coverage’s and limits. You should review these in your policy along with the property, which are not covered such as motorized vehicles, and property of roomers or boarders.


Coverage C is named Perils Coverage, which means the peril causing the loss must be specifically identified in the policy. The main perils would be fire or lightning, windstorm or hail, explosion, riot or civil commotion, aircraft, vehicles, smoke, vandalism or malicious mischief, theft, falling objects, weight of ice snow or sleet, accidental discharge or overflow of water or steam, sudden and accidental tearing apart, cracking, burning or bulging, freezing, sudden and accidental damage from artificially generated electrical current, volcanic eruption, catastrophic ground cover collapse.


Coverage D –    The policy will pay any reasonable and necessary increase in living expenses actually incurred by you while that part of the residence premises that you occupy is unfit to live in.   If your home is unlivable due to a covered loss, the policy will cover the additional necessary expenses you incur, up to the limits stated in your policy, to live elsewhere, enabling your family to maintain its normal standard of living.

Property Coverage – Insured Losses

Coverage A and Coverage B are all risk coverages in most policies which means that coverage applies for any source of loss unless the causative factor is specifically excluded. However, we are seeing more and more policies changing the verbiage from all risks to open perils; the most common language is “We insure against risk of direct loss to property described in Coverages A and B only if that loss is a physical loss to property”.
Extra Coverage for Valuables – Very Important Endorsement- Policyholders find out about this endorsement when they file a theft claim. If you own certain high-value items, such as jewelry, art, fire arms, furs, electronics, or camera equipment, you should consider adding this coverage.
Liability- If someone is accidentally injured or has property damaged while on your premises, the policy will defend any claims against you and pay those claims up to your policy limits.


Medical Payments– The policy will also pay for reasonable and necessary medical expenses up to the limit you purchased, regardless of who was at fault.
The descriptions of coverage’s and programs are necessarily brief and are subject to policy provisions, limitations and exclusions that can only be expressed in the policy itself. Coverages and programs vary by state and are not available in all states. For a complete explanation of coverages, please consult your insurance agent and/or policy.